search hot trends news

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Meteor shower august 13th

Meteor shower august 13th
New Delhi, Aug 13, 2009: Meteor shower august 13th. Even if you failed to observe terrific meteor shower within the last three days, don’t lose heart. You can still observe it tonight and if fortunate enough can get a good view tomorrow as well. He further says, “These were some of the best meteors I have seen in my life. I can't wait until the next show”.
A Khabrein reader Mr Jordan while writing about the meteor shower he experienced last night says, “I live in North Carolina and the light show I saw was very beautiful. I stayed out for about two hours and saw 30-40 meteors ranging from very small to magnificent”. Another reader told Khabrein “I watched it under the sky in Penang. Between 1:30-3:40 am on August 13th. I saw 10 meteors and 5 of them were large fireballs”.
Though the meteors have been falling from the sky for the whole of last month and even in August a NASA report predicted the fall to become intense on 11th, 12th and 13th August. It is said that the best time for viewing meteors during the northern hemisphere's summer months is during the Perseid meteor shower. This shower is active during the second half of July and throughout most of August. It is most active near August 12, when the Earth passes near the core of the Perseid material.

No comments:

Post a Comment