search hot trends news

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Texting While Driving Video

Texting While Driving Video
A Texting While Driving PSA, currently airing in Great Britain, is creating controversy for it’s graphic nature. The four minute plus texting PSA shows the deadly aftermath of what can happen when you are distracted by texting. Watch the Texting While Driving PSA video below. Again, I must warn that this is an extremely graphic and disturbing video, however, I feel compelled to post this since it had such a powerful effect on me:
Although I would never drink and drive, I am ashamed to admit that I have been guilty of texting while driving - a choice that can clearly have deadly consequences. While the PSA may be deemed by some to be inappropriately graphic (YouTube requires users to be 18 to view the video), I, for one, can attest to the effectiveness of the campaign. The video was a huge wake-up call to me, and I will no longer be texting and driving.
Now, a public service announcement created by the Gwent Police Department in Wales designed to stop teens from doing it is quickly becoming an Internet hit, garnering thousands of views on YouTube (YouTube), and being featured in a segment on The Today Show this morning (embedded below). The reason for its viralness has much to do with the graphic nature of the content (the full video is available here). The video features a total of four people being killed – two of the teen driver’s friends, and the parents of two children in an oncoming car.

No comments:

Post a Comment