search hot trends news

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Emma Stone

Emma Stone
Emma Stone made a big splash in Superbad and now forever earns her place in geekdom's collective heart with today's release of Zombieland. As those who've seen the film well know, not only is Stone gorgeous and talented in the role of zombie holocaust survivor/grifter Wichita, she's also pretty funny. I caught up with her last week on the Santa Monica Pier (which, by the way, is exactly where I plan to interview all actresses, just before taking them on the Ferris Wheel), at last week's Zombieland press junket. Check out our conversation after the jump.
Warning: Read no further if you've not yet seen Zombieland and don't want to spoil some of the surprises it has in store for you.
Zombieland is such a fun and sweet horror comedy that it reminds me a little of Ghostbusters. Without giving too much away, there's a great little Ghostbusters homage in this film. Were you a fan? Because your part, in particular, in this homage can be best appreciated by the hardcore Ghostbusters fan. It's hard for me to talk about because I can't really talk about that particular moment. These are my father's heroes, ever since I was seven. I've been watching these movies and I was in absolute heaven. It was really not too shabby. It was, like, the coolest two days of my life.
Were you also a zombie fan?
I didn't know too much about the zombie genre. I'm such a wuss. I'm bad with horror. I'm always covering my eyes and jumping. And it's funny because in our movie, I was in it, I was there. I saw the prosthetics and the fake broken bones, so even when I watch it in a comedy sense I'm so squeamish. I feel very it very strongly. So it's hard for me to watch things like that. What drew me to this movie was the comedy aspect of it, not really the zombies. The zombies felt like the perfume of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment