search hot trends news

Thursday, October 15, 2009

garth brooks

garth brooks
Is there such thing as the fan in the Residence? Because I just read that Garth Brooks will be the artist in residence of the Wynn resort in Sin City. At least that's what celebrity columnist Robin Leach says. The story is totally untrue, saying that Brooks had a charity show since he retired in 2001.
But even if there's a bit of truth to this story, I'm thrilled. And I'm going. I have never been to Las Vegas because I'm not much a gambler, but this may be just the enticement I need. Seeing Brooks perform is something that should be on every country fan's things-to-do-before-I-die list. Not just because he pioneered some very cool concert tricks but because I feel very strongly that his voice, his music and his songs still define what country music is today. What do you think, readers — did absence make your hearts grow even fonder, or does it feel like he never really left? How do you think his return will hold up to the comebacks of other “retirees” like Cher, Barbra Streisand and Jay-Z?
"I know that this is a young industry," he told reporters gathered today in Nashville, so I'm not sure I'll be welcomed back, but if the fans want me, I still want to continue my music. "Brooks, who sold about 123 million albums, is the top selling American artist of all time, behind the Beatles '170 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment